Sunday, April 7, 2013

April: Week One

I didn't buy OR finish reading any books, so this week's list will have to be entitled...

Currently Reading:
  • Music and the Skillful Listener: American Women Compose the Natural World (Denise Von Glahn)
  • Elegy for Eddie (Jacqueline Winspear)

The first book is for my Music & Nature seminar (and was written by my professor). I've read a third of it, and it's wonderful. If you are interested in American women composers and/or music inspired by nature, definitely pick up this book (or ask your local or school library to purchase it - it's quite a pricey buy). 

I should actually finish Elegy for Eddie tonight, so I probably won't include it on my "Books Read" list next week. This was the first Maisie Dobbs book I read (it's also the ninth...doing things in order is overrated sometimes), and I decided to refresh my memory before I picked up the tenth book (see previous week's entry) - not because I don't remember what happened (I read it back in August), but because now that I've read the other eight books, I thought I might pick up on more subtleties that I might have missed before.  

I'll say this: I love my degree and the classes I'm taking this semester, but I hope the next three weeks fly by...to me, summer means being able to read whatever I want whenever I want - and there is nothing I love more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment